Skip to main content
Future Student home
Vaqueros FAQs

How do I apply to CAC?

Do I have to see an Academic Advisor before I can register for classes?

Can I transfer credits from other schools to Central Arizona College?

  • Yes, Central Arizona College accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions. Be sure that you send your official transcripts directly to CAC.

Does CAC have a GED program?

  • CAC's GED or HSE (High School Equivalency) classes are designed to help students prepare to take the GED or High School Equivalency tests. Students must be at least 16 years old and not enrolled in school to register for class, and to take the GED test.
  • Adult Education (GED/HSE) Department Website

How do I prove my Arizona Residency?

  • To establish residency, you are required to have lived in Arizona (AZ) for at least one year as a legal resident. Please complete a domicile affidavit. Return to along with acceptable supporting documentation. Please be sure to check out our webpage for details about what supporting documents you can provide to demonstrate Arizona (AZ) state residency.
  • Domicile Affidavit Form
  • Additional Residency Information

Does CAC offer free tutoring? How do I sign up?

How do I make a payment on my bill?

How do I make a proctored test appointment?

Does CAC offer payment plans to pay tuition costs?

  • You can follow these steps to sign up for a payment plan:
  • 1. Sign into your student portal.
  • 2. Click on My Finances.
  • 3. Click on Payment Plan Form and complete the application form. Be aware that payments must be made each month and are not automatic.

Does CAC offer on-campus housing?

Why does a class show on my schedule but not in blackboard?

  • You can be registered for a class and not see it on blackboard. Instructors are responsible for allowing students to see their classes through Blackboard. It usually happens the first day of the semester for most classes.

Is New Student Orientation required?

  • New Student Orientation is highly encouraged for all new students to attend. This is a great way to learn more about the college, our technology and get ready for your classes. We are currently offering in-person and virtual orientations.
  • Sign up for orientation here.

When are CAC campuses open?

  • Central Arizona College is open Monday - Thursday, from 8am to 6pm. We are closed on Fridays.

What is a syllabus?

  • A syllabus is an outline of how a course will be run and what will be expected of you. It includes course policies, required texts, and a schedule of assignments. Your instructor will usually provide a course syllabus on or before the first day of class.

Didn't find your answer?

Call our Central Helpdesk at 520.494.5111 for additional assistance.